Thursday, December 29, 2011

More And More Crafting

Last night I went through my stash and got up ALL of my green yarns. There are some very interesting shades. Some are muted, muddier greens while others are bright, neon greens. I brought them out to the living room and started on Project Linus Afghan #6. I am not sure how this one is going to turn out with all of the different hues but, I guess since they are all shades of green, it should work right? I'll post pics when completed.

I think this is how I will be pulling the colors together for the next few Project Linus afghans, by color. I do have some variegated yarns but am not sure of how to incorporate those into afghans yet.


Also, when going through my stash (Hubby had a great idea of organizing the closet RIGHT before Christmas), I found some sock yarn I completely forgot I had bought (along with a LOT of other yarns I don't remember purchasing). So, I CO some socks for me! The yarn is Knit Picks Felici in the Martinique colorway. Green, blues, fuchsia and purple stripes! LOVE the colors! But why did I put it away never to be made into luscious socks? Who knows but already I am to the heel turn on the first sock, knitting toe-up of course so I can make them as tall as possible! I will also post pics when complete.

Hoping you all have a fun, festive and safe New Years this weekend! I know I will be home, getting tipsy with the Hubby and listening to my favorite 80's music until midnight (who knows, I may even decide to break out the old dance moves)lol! Can't wait for the wine and rum to flow (no, I am not a lush, just love to occasionally let loose)!

No comments:

Post a Comment