Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SO Happy!

I have been crocheting for 30+ (gulp) years and knitting for about 10. And I have been looking for a local charity to donate to. After searching for a while I finally found one in my area!

Project Linus

Project Linus Raleigh Chapter


My son Phillip (who was stillborn in 93) and my daughter Summer were both born at Wake Med. Also, Duke hospital saved Summer's live last Dec 21. She was hemorrhaging internally from a ruptured blood vessel ( a blood vessel that wasn't supposed to be there) and they caught it in time! So, both hospitals are close to my heart.

I will be posting photos of the afghans I make for donation as Linus Blanket #1, Linus blanket #2, etc... My goal is to donate 12 afghans over next year. 1 a month! I hope I can accomplish it with everything else I have going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment