Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week #1 Of The Low-Carb On A Budget Challenge.

Starting the low-carb challenge today. This is going to be interesting. We did our weekly shopping yesterday and of course, I had to buy extra meats and veggies. Luckily shopping with coupons helped make it cheaper for us. What did I have to buy extra?
* Beef to add to my salads
* 1 package of boneless chicken breast
* Extra Eggs
* Bacon (usually only buy occasionally)
* Roma Tomatoes
* 1 head of cabbage
* Mushrooms
* Pickles (to replace my usual popcorn snack daily)
* 1 bag of stir-fry veggies





That is in addition to what I normally have to purchase. We spent a total of $75 for the week! And, here is the Menu Plans for the week (1 for me and 1 for everyone else). For tons of new menu ideas, please check out Menu Plan Monday's at The Org.Junkie!

Breakfast Choices:
*Cereal/milk/banana
*Banana Nut Bread/milk
*Oatmeal/peaches/milk
*Eggs/toast/applesauce/milk
*Blueberry pancakes/sausage/milk

Low-Carb Breakfast Choices:
*Cheese omelet/coffee
*eggs with swiss cheese, onions and mushrooms/coffee
*Bacon and Eggs
*Tomatoes toasted with mozzarella cheese and basil
*leftovers from the night before


Lunch Choices:
*Sweet & Sour Chicken/rice/milk
*Ravioli/fruit salad/milk
*PB&J/salad/milk
*Hot dogs/fries/apples/milk
*Ham & Cheese sandwich/carrot sticks/grapes/milk

Low-Carb Lunches:
*Grilled Chicken/Salad
*Cheese Steaks without the bun/salad
*Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo using Spaghetti Squash
*Leftovers from the night before
*Chef Salad

Dinner Choices:
*Ribs/Pasta Salad/Green Beans (no pasta salad for me)
*BBQ chicken/mashed potatoes/corn (chicken and salad for me)
*Spaghetti and Meatballs (using spaghetti squash for mine)
*Lemon pepper chicken/rice/green beans (no rice for me)
*Eat-out night

1 comment:

  1. i couldnt ever do low carb!!
    i love pasta bread and potatoes too much
    i'd love if you visited my blog
    you can check out my Menu Plan here

    ReplyDelete