Monday, June 27, 2011

Week #4 Menu Plan & New Challenge

I am preparing for a new challenge next month. The doctor has put me on a low-carb diet to help treat my PCOS. So, I am going to challenge myself to stick to budget while eating low carb. I'm contemplating on keeping the budget $75 or bumping it up to $100 to cover the cost of the extra proteins and veggies that will be the bulk of my diet. I'm calling this challenge the Low-Carb On A Budget Challenge!


This week's Menu plan is going to be a usual for my family. Nothing really exciting or new. For TONS of more menu ideas, please check out the great site Org.Junkie!So here is the last Menu for the $75 a week Challenge:

Breakfast Choices:
-cold cereal/banana/milk
-omelet/toast/peaches/milk
-waffles/grapes/milk
-blueberry muffins/milk
-English muffins/applesauce/milk
-pancakes/eggs/sausage/peaches/milk

Lunch Choices:
-turkey sandwiches/green beans/apple slices/milk
-ravioli/salad/milk
-baked chicken/pasta salad/milk
-leftovers/milk
-PB& banana sandwiches/corn/milk
-grilled cheese/mixes veggies/fruit salad/milk

Dinner Choices:
-Italian chicken/yellow rice/green beans (Tonight's Dinner)
-Smoked pork tenderloin/macaroni salad/corn
-BBQ Chicken/potatoes/side salad
-Pork loin chops/rice/salad
-Chicken Fajitas/corn
-HM pizzas/salad/milk

Snack Choices (all snacks are served with 100% fruit juice):
-cheese and crackers
-popcorn
-chocolate chip cookies
-granola
-veggie sticks and dip

That is the plan for this week! Now to start preparing for my upcoming challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment