Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week #2 of The $75 A Week Challenge

Well, this week's shopping is done and I did pretty good. First we went to Walmart. Total retail was $59.08, OOP was $38.54 for a total saved of $19.50. I had to buy cat food which was $20 of the total but, it will last at least 2 weeks (hopefully 3). One of my best unadvertised finds was Finnish Quantum tabs on clearance for $2.97...paired with three $1 off coupons so I got them for $1.97 each box!

Second store was Food Lion. Total retail was $108.54, OOP was $66.53 for a total savings of $41.99. My we had to pick up kitty litter, bread, flour, freezer bags, tea, sugar and some other odds and ends. One of my best unadvertised deals I found were Borden Sensations cheese was marked down to $1.66 each. I had four $1 off coupons so I picked them up for $0.66 each! Then there was the canned kitty food that I got for $.25 a can! Our outside kitty gets dry and wet to keep her weight up. She is SO small (only 4lbs.) compared to our giants in the house (my kitty Little Bit is 12lbs., Sabrina is 9lbs, Mysti is 12lbs., Felix is 34lbz, and Rupert is 42lbs).

So, total OOP for the week is $105.07
Last week's total was $25.23
Total for the month so far: $130.30 or an average of $65.15 per week.

So far so good at $300 or less for the month of June! Next week I know I will have to buy some meats but, hoping to use my $ off Catalinas I got today to help cover the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment