Thursday, June 2, 2011

What A Day!

Today started out as usual. The daycare kiddies arriving, getting them fed and starting the day's curriculum. Lunch and nap time came without a hitch. Then all heck broke loose! The power went out-right in the middle of the kiddie's TV time and Sponge Bob was on! They really it the roof! I called Jeff to see if he knew what was going on. Our electric bill was due today so I had a sneaking suspicion. Sure enough, even though Jeff had set the payment to be transferred today... they STILL turned off power! So, in order to get it turned back on, we had to pay $300! We had set the original payment to be transferred at the end of the day so we had to try to cancel that transaction, and no go! So, even though we paid them in FULL with the $300...they will be getting the original amount that we had budgeted on top of it! Which usually wouldn't be that bad but, the mortgage is coming out tomorrow and now there isn't enough in the bank to cover it! ARGGGGG!


So, it looks like I will be WAY below my $75 budget because we don't have it! BUT, on s good note now I see how my stockpile is going to save us! I have so much stocked up that milk and juice will be the only things I have to buy for the whole week! I am still going to get my free deals this week but nothing else for the stockpile. I am going to have to get creative with our Dinner menu but, it may actually be fun! Already thinking ahead, preparing for my $75 a week challenge, I cooked a whole chicken yesterday and got 3 meals worth of chicken and 8 cups of broth made and in the freezer.


This challenge is going to start out with a BANG! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment