Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week #3 of The $75 A Week Challenge

Since today was Sunday, we did our weekly shopping. We only went to our local Food Lion, we didn't feel like spending all day shopping and the deals weren't THAT great this week anyway.

I thought there would be no way I could meet the $75 this week with Kirstey moving back home and being TOTALLY out of meats but I came pretty darn close!

Total Retail: S250.29
Total OOP: $87.15
Total Saved: $167.14

Only $12.15 over budget for the week and $5 of that was a watermelon that Jeff HAD to have and with it being Father's Day I couldn't say no. LOL

Total for the Month so far: $217.45
leaving me with $82.55 for the rest of the month.

Next week is Super Doubles at our local Harris Teeter. I hope to hit the deals, buy our "needs" and still be under or right at budget! We will see how that goes.

Also, Robert will be visiting July 4th. He gets a 4 day leave from AIT! We are planning a cookout with the whole family coming. I hope to still keep budget. I have about 8 packages of hot dogs in the freezer so, I know 1 of the items I will be serving. Maybe a macaroni salad of some type since I have so much pasta in the stockpile. I have TONS of canned veggies thanks to this week's .33 cents a can sale.

So I KNOW part of the menu!
Hot Dogs
Sweet Potato Fries
Macaroni Salad
Fried Corn (a Southern Thing)

I'll add to the menu as I see great deals the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment